Personal Responses to the Holocaust
- An Auschwitz Alphabet: This site is a personal reaction to the Holocaust by Jonathan Blumen and is dedicated to the late Primo Levi, an Italian chemist who survived Auschwitz and whose memoirs about the Holocaust are internationally recognized: "Levi . . . emerged from Auschwitz still a gentle man, with a sense of humor and with strong compassion. He is your best guide to these horrors."
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Photographs: This Web site is an exhibit of photographs taken at the Auschwitz and Birkenau memorial sites by Alan Jacobs <
firstname.lastname@example.org> between 1979 and 1981.
- "Death Camp Horror Still Haunts Visitors": This article by Liesha Northover -- first printed in the Herald Sun (24 June 1994) in Melbourne, Australia -- describes the writer's impressions of a visit to Auschwitz I in 1994.
- David's Holocaust Awareness Project: Created by an eleven-year-old student David Shanker, who lives in Margate, New Jersey, this site offers David's personal reflections on the Holocaust, images, and links to related sites.
Mausoleum at Majdanek
- The Holocaust Album: Maintained by Dr. Ron Greene, this site is a "rotating collection of contemporary and historical photographs associated with the Holocaust."
- Images of Yad Vashem Sculptures: Created and maintained by Steve Rumsby, this Web site is a "collection of images of some of the sculptures at Yad Vashem" in Jerusalem. For more information, Mr. Rumsby suggests that people visit the official Yad Vashem Web site.
- Miami Holocaust Memorial: This Web site is an electronic version of the Miami Holocaust Memorial by sculptor Kenneth Treister, who in 1985 was commissioned: "to design a memorial to the Jewish Culture and the individuals killed in the Holocaust. The Memorial Garden gives survivors and mourners a place to visit in lieu of the cemetery they do not have. It expresses in photographs and sculpture the history of the Holocaust so future generations will never forget."
- Shai Spetgang's Home Page: This site, maintained by Shai Spetgang, contains an exhibit of photographs taken during the "March of the Living," as well as information about the Fifteenth Annual Holocaust Education Week in Toronto, Canada, sponsored by the Holocaust Remembrance Committee of the Jewish Federation of Greater Toronto.
Last Updated: 10 December 1999
Return to the Holocaust/Shoah Web Page.
Access David Dickerson's Home Page.
David Dickerson email@example.com
copyright © 1995-1997 by David M. Dickerson.
All rights reserved.
This presentation is made possible by the nonprofit